Registration is now open for the 2022/23 UIAA Ice Climbing season. A full calendar can be found here.
World Cups & Championships
Member federations can now register their athletes for this seasons events on the UIAA’s new registration system.
If your athlete has competed before then they should already be in the system and you can search for them using the search function, if you have a new athlete you will need to create a new profile for them.
The link to access the registration dashboard.
- Member federations are responsible for applying for athlete licenses and registering athletes for events.
- The username and password provided must only be used by the member federation.
- Payment for the athlete license can be made online via the UIAA PayPal as in previous years or onsite at the world cups or by invoice at the end of the season. Once the electronic registration process is complete, the member federation must sign the document and send it to the individual athlete. It can then be sent back to this email or the athlete can submit it on site before their first competition event.
- For an International license to be valid and approved, the fee of EUR 50 must be paid, and the document must be duly signed by the member federation, the athlete and legal guardian if athlete has not reached 18 years of age. The list of approved athletes published on the UIAA registration system under each event refers to those who have submitted a valid license. The 2022/23 season license is attached to this email.
- The member federation can register all of their athletes in one process, or register athletes individually. Additional athletes can be added at any stage. This portal allows registration to any 2023 World Cup and the 2023 Continental Championships, World Youth Championships as well as all the Continental Cup series events.
For registration for the European Cups athletes do not need a UIAA license. To register for the individual events the federation can register on the UIAA registration system. Athletes can register themselves out with the federation on the UIAA registration system – if you have competed before.
If athletes are not already registered with the system then please complete this form – and the athletes will be sent an invite to register with the system.
The 2023 UIAA Ice Climbing Regulations can be found here – and also the list of modifications can be found here – please make sure your athletes are aware of all the changes to the rules so they don’t get caught at out at an event.
The athletes from the previous season have also been sent a copy of the UIAA Athlete Handbook, which will be continuously updated with travel and accommodation details for all the UIAA Ice Climbing events as they come in from the organisers – so please make sure any new athletes are sent a copy.